Sunday, November 7, 2010

Burundi Team Update

Greetings from Ethiopia!
We are roughly twenty-some hours into our trip now and have just
landed in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Everyone is doing well and in good
spirits now that we've had some sleep. :)

We have a quick lay-over here in Addis before boarding our connection
to Bujumbura, and I think I speak for everyone when I say that we are
very anxious to finally get there! We feel as though we've been gone
for days already (which, I suppose, technically we have!), and we can
certainly tell that we're a world away from home. We're all thrilled
to finally be on African soil now, and for many on the team, this is
the first time on this incredible continent, I'm sure it will not
disappoint!

We are looking forward to arriving in Bujumbura in a few hours and
meeting up with our 8th team member, Duana (who has been in Africa for
4 weeks already), as well as the FH staff we will be working with
during our stay.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers, for our continued health
and safety and for our hearts to be prepared for the tasks God has in
store for us once we reach Kayanza. It's been easy to simply focus on
eating, sleeping and catching our next train or plane thus far, so
these next few hours will be a good time for us to shift our focus and
begin to get mentally and spiritually prepared for days ahead of us.

Blessings!

No comments: